What Type of Smoker Should I Buy?
You know you want a new smoker for your backyard. But, which type to get is another thing altogether...
If you've been wondering what type of smoker should I buy, take our quick quiz to find out what will be best for you.
What do you want to cook?
1. Smoked everything and anything!
2. A bit of this and a bit of that! Being able to smoke, bake and grill would be ideal
3. I mainly grill but I want to smoke occassionaly
How many people do you want to be able to cook for?
Do you have access to power in your backyard?
How smokey do you like your food?
1. Super strong and smokey
2. Just a moderate amount of smokiness
3. I like a lighter flavor
What's your budget?
1. < $300
2. $300 - $600
3. $600 - $1,000
How involved in the smoking process do you want to be?
1. I love being out there, making frequent adjustments to get the best results
2. I don't mind checking on things every now and then
3. Set and forget is more my style
Rate your experience level with smoking
1. I'm a first-time smoker or have had a little bit of experience
2. I've smoked before but wouldn't call myself a pro
3. I'm a seasoned smoker
What type of fuel would you prefer?
1. 100% wood - au natural
2. Charcoal - it's easy and tastes great
3. Electricity - clean and effortless
4. Gas - a clean and easy way to have a real fire
Do you want a smoker that's portable?
Would you prefer a freestanding smoker or something that's built-in?
Do you live in an apartment or other place where open fires aren't permitted?
Will you be smoking during winter or in other adverse weather conditions?
All 12 questions completed!